I have to start this post by saying these cookies are literally to die for amazing!
I went to bulk barn and I decided to buy chickpea flour for the first time. I was intrigued because well it is a lot cheaper than flour and also has a smooth type consistency. Chickpea flour is an amazing nutrient dense packed gluten free alternative to flour.
Look at all the amazing benefits…
With those benefits how could I not try it. So I Googled “Chickpea flour recipes” and this one from Ambitious Kitchen came up. This recipe is so easy and simple and now a family favorite.
I will warn you; just don’t try the batter as it has a chickpea kinda sour pea type taste. Honestly I thought because the batter tasted this way the cookies might not turn out. But thank goodness I pushed through and baked them because they were amazing!!!
Chickpea Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups chickpea flour (or garbanzo bean flour)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3.5 oz 72% dark chocolate bar, coarsely chopped
- Coarse sea salt, for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl mix together melted and cooled coconut oil, coconut sugar, egg and vanilla extract until smooth and creamy. Tip: Make sure your coconut oil is not HOT. It should be liquid but on the cooler side so that your egg won’t cook when you mix everything together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together chickpea flour, baking soda and salt. Add dry ingredient to wet ingredients until well combined. Fold in chocolate chunks. Use a medium cookie scoop to scoop dough onto parchment lined baking sheet. Barely flatten the tops of the cookies with the tips of your fingers.
- Bake at 350 for 9-11 minutes or until edges are slightly golden brown. Allow cookies to cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool. Makes 12 cookies.
Let me know what you think-